Let me go on record by saying – I love working out. Seriously, I love it! I love the way it makes me feel, I love feeling stronger after a kick-ass workout and I especially love crushing running PRs (rare, but it happens). But let’s face it, even if you love something, you will eventually lack motivation. Sometimes it may only last for an hour or a day, but sometimes it may last a few weeks.
- Run 15 half marathons in 2015
- Run 1,007.5 miles in 2015
- Complete the Hat Trick (5K, 10K + half marathon) at the Runner’s World Festival
- Finish NYRR 9+1 and Five-Borough Series
- I’m more than half-way done with my half-marathon goal. I will achieve this goal if I stay healthy and injury free. This means being diligent about stretching and taking recovery days to avoid injury
- I am behind on my yearly goal to run 1,007.5 miles, but if I can run 100+ miles every month until the end of the year, I can hit this goal!
- Starting next month I’m going to mimic the Hat Trick during my weekend runs when I can – 9.3 miles on Saturdays and 13.1 miles on Sundays. This will give me more confidence when going into those races in mid-October.
- I will complete both NYRR goals once I run the Bronx 10-Miler in September. I’m thinking about buying myself a cake to celebrate 🙂
- I have some great Fall races (and virtual races) coming up in CT, NY, NJ and PA so I think this will help with keeping my motivation on track. I really enjoy running in new places.
- I have re-started the Black Girls Run! group in my city. All the women are currently training for a 5K (either in September or October) and I’m really loving helping everyone reach their goal. It’s one thing to complete your own goals, but its a totally different and rewarding experience when you help someone else reach a goal.
- Also I cannot underestimate all the motivation, support and overall positive energy that comes from my running buddies on social media.
|Found this awesome image via Google Images|
- I’m going to need to run a lot and exercise a lot to NOT gain weight between Thanksgiving and New Year’s. I love food, food loves me and thank God I love to exercise, LOL.