Welcome to my blog!
As this is my first official blog post, I would like to welcome everyone to the KookyRunner blog. I’m so glad you have decided the visit my blog!
So I’m sure you’re wondering…why the name kookyrunner? It’s quite simple – I’m a little bit crazy (kooky) and I’m also a runner (it took me almost 3 years to feel comfortable saying this).
A little bit about me:
- I’m a thrity-something year old communications and corporate responsibility professional living in CT (east coast for life baby!)
- I love life – no seriously, I LOVE LIFE. I have a great life and appreciate that every day.
- I have a passion for fitness – especially running, spinning, lifting weights and boot camp.
- I started my fitness journey back in 2010 when I wanted to drop a few pounds. After losing the weight (20 pounds) I discovered that I loved the gym.
- I always said I would never run unless I was being chased (lol)! Back in 2011 during the Hope in Motion 5K walk, I told my mom that I waned to run the race the following year, and I did! Ever since then I have been committed to running more races and setting new goals for myself.
- I set fitness goals for myself every year. In 2014 my goal was to run a half-marathon, which I did in March. I also ran a half marathon in June and have a few more scheduled for the year.
- I’m not the fastest runner, but I’m not trying to break records or get into the Olympics. I run to be healthy and because it’s a challenge for me. I am not a “natural born” runner but I always do the best I can!
I work full time and teach spinning classes at my local gym, so I will not blog everyday, but I promise to blog at least weekly! Sit back and enjoy the ride as I post about my running adventures, fitness journeys, food and more!
Follow me on social media:
Instagram – kookyrunner
Twitter – kookyrunner
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org