Happy Wednesday and Happy Hump Day! Hope everyone is having a great week so far. We’re halfway through the week so we’ve gotten over the “hump”.
- Chat with like-minded people! All of the twitter chats I participate in are focused on running and fitness. Sometimes its nice to chat with like-minded people that really understand where you’re coming from and “get it”.
- Learn new things! I’ve found out about so many new products through twitter chats. I always feel like I’m learning something new whenever I log onto a chat including, but not limited to, running brands, recovery tools, races, etc.
- Make new friends! I cannot tell you how many people I have started to follow on twitter that I met through twitter chats. It’s really a great way to meet people and make new friends.
- Win FREE stuff! Sometimes you can win cool stuff just by participating in a twitter chat. For example, a few months ago I won a pair of wireless headphones through a twitter chat with BibRave. I was looking to buy wireless headphones so it was a win-win situation (oh, and the headphones are amazing by the way)! Even if you don’t win a giveaway, you can get discount codes for products. Let’s face it – running ain’t cheap so any discounts are always appreciated!
- @BibRave – BibRave is the place to find and write race reviews. They are also the host of #BibChat (weekly twitter chat), which takes place on Tuesday nights at 8 p.m. CST.
- @FitFluential – FitFluential is a community of fitness enthusiasts. Their twitter chats vary, but you can click here for a list of all upcoming chats.
- @HealthYourWayOnline – Health Your Way Online is an online magazine for all your health, fitness and wellness updates. Their weekly chats take place on Monday nights at 8 p.m. EST and use the hashtag #HealthyWayMag.
- @therunchat – therunchat is home of #Runchat. These twitter chats take place at 10 p.m. EST the 1st/3rd Sunday and 8 p.m. EST the 2nd/4th Sunday of the month.