Welcome to another edition of Tuesday Topics! This week’s topic – Tell us all about your favorite running hacks.
Hacks to save money
This is probably one of the easiest running hacks to do, and there are a few ways to accomplish this.
– You can shop at discount stores like Marshalls and TJ Maxx. They often sell running clothes and accessories by well known brands for a fraction of the price.
– You can also shop off season (right now would be a great time to purchase Winter running items).
– As you all know, most of my workout gear comes from Old Navy. One way I save money is by using my Old Navy credit card for those purchases. Not only do I get special discount codes, but I also get rewards based one the amount of money I spend. Basically the moral of the story is to never pay full price for running clothing or accessories!
Hacks for organization
While I am a morning person, I never hesitate to make things easier for myself when running, especially for those early morning runs.
– For years I’ve laid out all of my running necessities for these runs – clothes, socks, sneakers, headband or hat, sunglasses etc. Not only does it save time in the morning, but it also ensures that I don’t forget anything.
– I also keep an emergency running kit in my car that contains wet wipes, chapstick, a hair elastic and a few other items. In the off chance I forget something, it’s nice to have that backup option.
– I’m also a huge fan of using ziplock bags for organization. I have separate ziplock bags for my pain reliever items (KT tape, Tiger Balm, etc), another bag for my running fuel (gels, etc) and a third bag for post-run food (protein powder packets, etc). This system works well and helps me know exactly what I have on hand.
Tell me: What are some of your favorite running hacks?
Join the Link-Up!
Topic for next week – How will you celebrate Global Running Day?